Piccolo2 - MC Headamp
The Piccolo is an MC headamp that provides a linear pre-gain for your MM phonostage. The active circuitry uses low noise matched discrete JFETs in a no-feedback gain and buffer configuration, offering very low noise and distortion. The sound is extremely neutral leaving no sonic signature. Both loading and gain are adjustable, providing extreme flexibility.
- 0, 12, 20, 26 dB gain (1kHz)
- 47, 100, 220, 470, 1k, 47k ohm input impedance
- 300 ohm output impedance
- 6Hz to 800kHz bandwidth (-3dB)
- <0.01% distortion
- 85dBA signal-to-noise (ref 5mV)
- 3 x 5 x 1 inches
- 120V/240V operation
- Includes power supply
- Free shipping!
- "I have been using my new Piccolo2 head amp for about a week now, and I have to say I am very happy with the performance. Whether playing classic rock, jazz, R&B or even classical, the head amp does its job extremely well. Probably the best praise for an audio device that I would attribute to the Piccolo2 is it is dead silent, adds no sonic signature, and the Piccolo2 provides the flexibility and ease of use to tailor the gain and impedance for any MC cartridge you throw at it. It is also nice that you were able to keep the device as compact as you did so placement near the turntable is easy. I have been using it with a Monster Cable Alpha Genesis 1000, with a gain setting of 26dB and impedance at 100. The Piccolo2 allows this classic cartridge to perform at its best. I have a few more MC cartridges I will be trying with it soon, and am confident they will also benefit from the Piccolo2."
- "Just letting you know I received my Piccolo2 and it works wonderfully. Flexible gain and I found the load options to be useful as well. My MC has an 85 ohm internal impedance and I find it works best with the setting on the Piccolo between at 470 Ohm and 1K Ohm. Can't decide which I prefer yet. Great to have flexibility for the future.Thanks for the great product!"
- "Got the unit today, playing now. I cannot compare it to a SUT, as I've never had one. But, it certainly sounds much better with your unit working into 40 dB of gain on a Pro-Ject Tube Box DS than it did into straight 65 dB gain of my Pro-Ject SS Phono Box DS+. It's quieter and the proper loading of 470 Ohm also helps to straighten out the frequencies and sound better than it did at 100 Ohm. All in all - I'm very pleased, thank you!"
- "Very quiet step up, nice detail & clarity."